top of page
Studying on the Grass


You’ve Got Questions. We’ve Got Answers.


All courses that are implemented by John Melvin University are accredited by the National Bible College Association who is authorized to grant Certificates, and to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. National Bible College Association is an evangelical, faith-based, accrediting agencies.

The Courses that John Melvin University implements are fully accredited by the National Bible College Association and is a non-governmental accreditation, extended exclusively to private, Christian institutions upon inspection and approval of their programs, operations, and integrity.

The National Bible College Association is a worldwide accreditation agencies that honors the separation of church and state, and extends beyond national boundaries. Its standards and expectations measure compliance with scriptural principles as applied to education.


Certify that an institution has met the established standards of excellence assist prospective students in identifying reputable institutions, which offer degree programs that will meet their needs and goals allow institutions to evaluate the acceptability of transfer credits into their own curricula programs.

In the United States, accreditation of universities and seminaries is a voluntary process with accreditation granted by private, non-governmental agencies. Governmental agencies do not provide theological or ministry accreditation.

Government-recognized accreditation is not necessary for the religious vocations in which we are equipping our students and people working in ministry positions do not need a government-accredited degree.

We do not prepare our students for secular work or denominational service. We will seek to provide a sound theological standing from which our students may fulfill their divine purpose and calling.

Our status as a Christian University is as follows:

Registered with the Secretary of State in Louisiana, USA and fully accredited by the National Bible College Association.

Holy Patriot University Degree Programs of Study have been declared by the appropriate State Authority exempt from the requirements for licensure, under provisions of Louisiana General Statutes Section 1005.06(1)(f) for exemption from licensure with respect to religious education. Click here  to view our status with the Louisiana Department of Education.

Exemption from licensure is not based upon assessment of program quality under established licensing standards.


Our courses meet the requirements established by many private, independent, and professional associations. Various regionally or nationally accredited Christian Universities, colleges and seminaries throughout the United States may accept transfer students, credits and degrees from John Melvin University.

Transferability of credits earned at John Melvin University and transferred to another institution is at the discretion of the receiving institution. 


John Melvin University can transfer all credits from accredited institutions such as colleges, seminaries, Christian universities, etc. The credits must be reported on an official transcript. No more than 60 credit hours (including life credits) may be transferred. Courses transferred must be equivalent in content and requirements to courses in the John Melvin University catalogue.

Accepting credits earned at another institution is the prerogative of the receiving institution. No college, school or accrediting agency can require another institution to accept in transfer credit earned somewhere else. Even when the sending institution is accredited by the same agency as the receiving school, there is no guarantee credits will transfer.

Students wishing to transfer credits to other schools are responsible for finding out about the acceptance of credit by the receiving institution.


John Melvin University is applying for National Accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education recognition at this time but does not guarantee the acceptance of academic credit by colleges and universities or other Bible schools.

bottom of page